Yes we do. We use both plyocare and weighted balls in our throwing programs.
There is tremendous mis-information in the market place about WBs, however, we believe that the athlete should be:
- At least 16 years of age
- Anatomically mature (growth plates)
- At an adequate weight to be able to disperse the stress of throwing weighted balls
- Pain free
- A decent foundation of strength (training age)
- The movement quality of an athlete (assessment)
- Not participated in any other velocity programs in the last 3 months (90 days)
In addition, you would also be required to participate in our strength training program along with any weighted ball program that we offer. You can also read further here in this article “Seven Considerations When Training with WBs“.
If you’re interested in receiving our baseball articles, please enter your email address below!