The RPP Speed Training and Fielding Program begins during the first week of January and ends first week of March, for a total of 10 sessions. This is an intensive program and each time slot is limited to 3 athletes per session. Each session is 90 minutes long and covers 60 minutes of speed training and 30 minutes of fielding as follows:
- Speed Training Warm-up – Being explosive and running (and stopping) quickly can be very taxing on not only the muscles and joints, but the central nervous system as well. It is imperative to perform a proper warm up for speed training which includes, soft tissue work, activation, mobility and dynamic movement.
- Linear Acceleration – Linear acceleration means getting our center of mass moving as quickly as possible moving forward. It obviously relates to many sports, but is best put to use on the baseball field in the form of base running, stealing and in the outfield.
- Lateral Acceleration / Base Stealing – Lateral acceleration is where a baseball players can separate himself among the pack. The ability to accelerate or change direction quickly while maintaining an athletic posture sets a ball player up, not only from a performance standpoint, but also visually speaks volumes about his athleticism during any recruiting process.
- Lateral Change-of-Direction – This is an area where many baseball players make the most mistakes. It’s also an area where top-end speed is not a factor, making those who are great movers in a short area excel. It can be particularly useful to the infielder who needs to make quick cuts to get to a ball on time, or a base runner in order to beat out a run down
- Fielding Practice (infield only) – The fielding practice will emphasize developing defensive athleticism. The focus will be centered around footwork, glovework, angles and arm action.
If interested in reading more about our speed training, please click here.
- No makeups and no rescheduling (if you can’t attend a session please simply attend the next one)
- No refunds for missed sessions
- SNOW Days:
- Given that our schedule is completely full, to the extent we have to close for snow days, there will be no makeups
- There will NO refunds or credits for snow days