“A Week in the Life of an RPP Data Intern” article by Noah Landow (RPP Data Intern Fall 2021)
Baseball Data Analytics Internships at RPP generally run for 3-4 month periods. Interns are expected to work 20-30 hours per week. Your responsibilities would include any or all of the following various activities:
- Learning the various technologies we use for assessment and analysis, including Qualisys Motion Capture, Rapsodo Pitching, Rapsodo Hitting, K-Motion, Blast Motion, Rapsodo Insight Camera, VBT Push Bands and Jump Mats among others
- Participating in assessments and preparing reports using our internally developed analysis tools
- Collecting, tabulating and analyzing data for existing and new projects
- Filming athletes using our Rapsodo Insight Camera system and preparing pitching movement charts
- Participating in Pitch Design sessions with pitchers
- Participating in video analysis of pitchers and players
- Writing blog posts
- Creating independent research projects of your choice, from preparation, data collection, study and analysis, implementation and finally, potential publication (subject to approval)
Interns spend their time working on projects with knowledgeable pitching, hitting and strength coaches that are constantly pushing the boundaries of our collective know-how in the game of baseball. You will be given a laptop and your own desk to work on the training floor directly with our coaches and athletes.
An internship at RPP is an excellent opportunity to further advance your career.
Minimal Job Requirements:
- A self starter with a burning desire to learn
- A desire to work hard
- A desire to dig 50 ft deep, not 6 inches
“RPP provided me an opportunity to gain hands-on experience with the latest player development technology in the industry. The staff took me under their wing on day one, and have become some of my greatest mentors. I would highly recommend the Data Internship to anyone who is interested in furthering their career in baseball. This experience was instrumental in helping me secure an internship with the Atlanta Braves.”
– Noah Landow (RPP Data Intern)
Please note that this is a NON-paying college-level internship!