*** Please read below for summary and guidelines, registration links are at bottom…
Program Summary – This year’s off-season Pitching Lab program for high school and middle school athletes is scheduled to begin the week of Monday, November 16th and ends just prior to the start of high school tryouts in New Jersey in early March. The program begins with strength training-only until early to mid-December when we also begin to throw.
All athletes are tied to specific designated time slots which are allocated on a first-come first-serve basis (designations are subject to appropriate “age” groupings).
If you’d like to read more about our pitching programs you can click here.
The strength training portion of the pitching program begins in mid-November.
Youth Pitchers 13-16 years: 2x per week
16 and older: Up to 5x per week with a more individualized “Monthly” program, which is subject to pre-qualification as follows (17+ automatically qualify):
- At least 16 years old
- Have prior weight room experience, preferably at RPP
- Physically mature
- Be able to handle yourself around the weight room
- Approved by RPP
The throwing portion of the program begins in early to mid-December. Pitchers meet 2x per week at the same pre-designated time slot (up to six pitchers per time slot, 2 pitchers per instructor). Thereafter, we pitch first and then lift. Once pitching begins all sessions will take approximately 2 hours. Please note that groups are based on age and physical maturity and capability.
This year, as a part of our initial assessment, we are offering a complimentary one-time Mocap analysis to all those 16 and older, and pre-approved for the Monthly training program (this complimentary offer is once a year).
Schedules and Dates
The time slot windows are paired as follows:
General Policies and COVID-19 Regulations
Misc and Policies
- No makeups and no rescheduling (if you can’t attend a session please simply attend the next one)
- No refunds for missed sessions
- Given that our schedule is completely full, to the extent we have to close for snow days, there will be no makeups
- No sessions during Thanksgiving weekend (Thursday – Sunday)
- No sessions during year-end holidays (12/24 – 1/3)
- To the extent there is a facility shutdown due to COVID-19, we will issue a credit to your account for the unused portion of any payments already made; No refunds
- Given capacity constraints on the facility imposed by NJ State, we
- Request that parents drop off and pick up
- Can not offer a waiting area
- All athletes must bring and wear their own masks to the facility
- All athletes must sign-in at entrance for potential future contact tracing
- All athletes will be subjected to a temperature check at sign-in (99.5F and above will not be granted access)
- Sanitizers are placed throughout the facility, please use them frequently
- Please respect appropriate social distancing guidelines (6 ft)
- Please sanitize your hand upon entrance at sign-in and wash hands after using the lavatories
- For an expanded summary of our safety protocols please click here.