Sample Representative of Intern Schools:
**** Housing is Available ****
An internship at RPP will present you with the opportunity to experience hands-on, all aspects of the strength and conditioning field, as well as learning the “ins and outs” of the business. The 16-week program is designed to provide you with a comprehensive learning experience that will dramatically improve your coaching skills. Each intern will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and integrated model ranging from sports performance, assisting and coaching high school, collegiate and professional athletes as well as adult group and private training.
As an RPP intern, you would have the opportunity to compliment your hands-on learning experience with participation in our weekly In-Service sessions, which focuses on continuing education in a classroom-style learning environment. These sessions cover a wide variety of topics (please refer below for more detailed information). We work closely with our interns to develop coaching, assessment and program-design skill sets to compliment career aspirations within the fitness industry.
The environment at RPP breeds excellence and not surprisingly many of our new applicants were referred to us by prior interns. Once selected, every incoming intern is emailed prior to their arrival our database of over 300 exercises to learn, complete with video and cuing. We enjoy the process of teaching and watching interns develop into great coaches. We do our best to empower our interns by ramping up their coaching duties as they become more proficient. Once at RPP, you become a part of the “RPP Family”.
Expectations of all Applicants
At RPP we have extremely high expectation of our interns. Since our interns are generally on the front lines working with our clients we expect them to:
- Demonstrate a knowledge of training techniques and cueing
- Be eager to learn and accepting of constructive criticism
- Be comfortable interacting with clients, parents, etc.
- Present themselves in a professional manner at all times
Internships are scheduled according to academic semesters. Interns are required to work a minimum of 30 hours per week (subject to exceptions based on school and program requirements) throughout the duration of their program.
- Spring: January 4th – May 10th (deadline to apply Oct. 1st)
- Summer: May 16th – August 20th (deadline to apply Feb. 1st)
- Fall: September 1st – December 22nd (deadline to apply July 1st)
The following are our minimum requirements:
- Be willing to complete a minimum of 30 hour/week internship (subject to exceptions based on school and program requirements)
- Be affiliated with an accredited college (or ex alumni)
The RPP In-Service curriculum is a 16-week detailed educational program covering every aspect of the RPP system, including in-depth anatomy, energy system development, cuing and running a facility. Weekly staff in-service sessions are scheduled throughout the internship covering a variety of topics each week. The in-service curriculum also includes four sessions on business marketing and business finance basics. Below is a summary of each week’s topic:
- Week 1 – Hello… Must Knows
- Week 2 – The Basics of PRI / Sports Performance Observations
- Week 3 – Hips and Sports Hernias (Programming for Hockey)
- Week 4 – The 7 P’s of Business Marketing (Part1)
- Week 5 – Understanding and Treating an Anterior Pelvic Tilt
- Week 6 – Training the Obese Client
- Week 7 – Shoulder, Rotator cuff Musculature and Scapular Stabilizers
- Week 8 – The 7 P’s of Business Marketing (Part 2)
- Week 9 – Training the OH Athlete
- Week 10 – The Assessment (the key to it all)
- Week 11 – Energy Systems HRV training (Part1)
- Week 12 – Business Finance 101 (Part 1)
- Week 13 – Energy Systems HRV Training (Part 2)
- Week 14 – Energy Systems HRV Training (Part 3)
- Week 15 – Business Finance 101 (Part 2)
- Week 16 – Wrap-up… Thanks
If you are interested in our internship program, please complete and submit the application link below.